Single screw extrusion: ·Product quality is more consis […]
Single screw extrusion:
·Product quality is more consistent in production and control
· Fast switching and increased productivity due to continuous processing, faster startup and product change closure
· Greater flexibility to handle a variety of raw materials
·Save energy and water, optimize floor space
· Easy to maintain and clean
There are different types of twin screw extruders:
1. Cold extrusion is used to gently mix and shape the dough without the need to heat or cook directly in the extruder. In food processing, use it
Mainly used in the production of pasta and dough. These products can then be processed: drying, baking, vacuum packaging, freezing, and the like.
2. Hot extrusion includes raw materials that undergo thermomechanical conversion under short-term and high temperature conditions.
In food processing, it is mainly used to cook biopolymer-based raw materials to produce textured food and feed products, such as ready-to-eat foods.
Breakfast cereals, snacks (salty and sweet), pet food, feed pellets, etc.
3. Steam-induced expansion means that the melt at the exit of the die expands due to water flashing, thus resulting in a highly expanded product.
Subsequent processing then determines the texture properties of the extruded product, such as crispness, crispness, hardness, etc.
The process is used to directly produce breakfast cereals, snacks and crispy bread.
4. Expanded co-extrusion combines steam-induced expansion and fill injection, thus creating an extended product with dual texture.